With a humanitarian crisis unfolding in New York City, P·P·O·W and Guadalupe Maravilla are gathering necessary supplies to help asylum seekers with basic urgent needs and family reuinification. Texas Governor Gregg Abbott is using asylum seekers as political pawns against sanctuary cities. Texas has bused more than 7,400 migrants to DC since April and more than 1,500 migrants to New York City since August 5.
UPDATE: The Brooklyn Museum, in collaboration with artist Guadalupe Maravilla, will be accepting donations for newly arriving asylum seekers from Texas. Donations will be accepted at the museum from September 23 - October 30, Wednesday - Sunday, 11am - 6pm, or donate here.
- Phones, laptops and chargers
- Toothbrushes and toothpaste
- Soap, deodorant, and shampoo
- Feminine hygiene products
- Nail clippers
- New underwear in all adult and kids sizes
- New bras in all sizes
- Clothing and shoes
- Prepaid subway passes (10 or more trips)
- Combination and key locks